Tuesday 31 May 2011

Cycling...again.

If you had told me a year ago (or possibly even just a week ago) that today, on a Tuesday (when I work 8-5), I would work all morning with no break 8-13.20, because I had to cover someones duty and a lesson, then have three meetings in the afternoon, and then lock myself out of the flat and spend twenty minutes on the doorstep like a tramp, and then decide to spend an hour and a half cycling through and around Bremen in the rain, I would have told you to have your head checked but that is exactly the day I have had today. 

Okay, so it wasn't just a random bike ride, we had another flat viewing over and out the other side of town, (I'm not writing about the flat until we make a decision but they aren't cat haters!), but by the time we got to the viewing I had chilled out so much that I could actually see myself making the thirty minute commute every day.  The nicest thing was how green the surroundings were; instead of feeling like the wicked witch in The Wizard of Oz, powering away on my bike through the busy town, I felt completely at peace with everything (even when the route we'd chosen took us directly past the car towing depot from the other week!). 

So my advice for stress - get on your bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment