Sunday 31 July 2011

27 things...Take a Motorbike Trip



On our first day back in Germany, Nico took me for a little ride to cross another first off my to do list.  I finally took a ride on a motorbike!  Of course, I wasn't driving, I left that to Nico as the man with a license...in fact the only accident on the whole trip took place as he left me alone with the bike (engine off) for all of twenty seconds so I won't be applying for my license any time soon!



I was a little apprehensive about the whole experience given that my Gran had once been on the back of a bike (at about my age) and had an accident!  I couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised, the whole experience was great.  When I first started cycling again, I always felt funny without a seatbelt, well this took that feeling to a whole new level but in a good way.  I never felt unsafe but it did feel very open and breezy of course.  It was a great experience and although I was aching after a while, I'd definitely like to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment