Thursday 7 July 2011

Breminale

To celebrate the start of the holidays we went out last night and visited the free local festival that is on from yesterday until Sunday in Bremen - Breminale.


Breminale is great.  It takes place along the grassy banks of the Weser (where the extent of high tide gave me a bit of a shock last night).  There are bands from all over Europe and other acts such as comedians and dancers.  There's plenty of food and drink options there too.  The idea is that you buy souvenirs as well as your food and drink there to support the festival because it's all done for free.  This also means there is a great mix of people there.  As you can see from the poster, they make a play on the Bremen Town Musicians each year and this year's theme was bugs.  I found this quite appropriate as I made another new discovery as we left - the June Bug!  I've heard of them but never really knew what they were.  Last night swarms were flying about in the trees and in the crowds.  Of course, I reverted to childhood and flapped and screamed and totally embarrassed Nico into leaving the festival.  Ooops.  My one saving grace was that I wasn't the only one, women and men throughout the crowd were doing exactly the same.  My camera has stopped working unfortunately, but here's what the little horrors look like:





No comments:

Post a Comment