Thursday 28 July 2011

One Year On

Today is exactly one year since I came to live in Bremen and I can't believe quite how much my life has changed.  When I left England to start my two year post, several friends joked how I would meet someone and stay here and I laughed it off...now I'm moving in with Nico in two days time and hoping to extend my contract indefinitely. 

It's been a good year.  I've learned a lot... mainly about Germany and the school system here, both of which I've talked about before, but also about myself.  I've done lots of new things (look at my list!) and met lots of new people and I'm so grateful that I took that leap last year.  I remember two years ago when I lost my job and flat and everything seemed to be going wrong, and now I know that it all happens for a reason.  All of those things brought me where I am today and made me appreciate it all.

So one more year in my job at least and I'm going to make it a good one.  Living with Nico in our two balcony flat is going to be an adventure in itself, and I'm going to make sure I keep trying new things and meeting new people.  I also start my new job in September teaching evening classes which will be exciting too!  So lots to look forward to and keep you up to date on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment