Tuesday 27 September 2011

From Print to the silver Screen

As you may have noticed, some of the films I've watched this year have followed a reading of the novel.  I always try to read the book before I see the film because on the whole, I feel the books are better and I'd rather get to know the 'real', good story before it's spoilt for me.  

Sometimes I am more let down than others.  Sometimes, I can completely understand the changes, for example with Harry Potter, some parts had to be cut or the films would have lasted many more hours.

However, as I said some films seem to be ruined.  For example, My Sister's Keeper which completely changes the ending and I really don't understand why.  Another example for me was the Eclipse series where the film just can't get inside the character's head the way a book can.

Either way, it's always nice to see the characters brought to life on the screen - sometimes, I find myself imagining who would be cast for each character as I am reading.  As long as I have read the book, I always want to see a film adaptation when there is one, but you can't beat a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment