Sunday 11 September 2011

The Saturday Update..on Sunday

So it's been a busy week again with work.  I have observed my new class that I will be taking over in two weeks time, improved my German in doing so and been invited on another class trip - namely the England trip trial - tomorrow.

The trip is the same one I did last year but with the new year eight.  Basically we walk the kids around Bremen for the length of the school day, while speaking as much English as possible so that they realise how much walking and speaking English is involved in the London trip in May.  This year, I am officially in the year eight staff team so I feel a little bit more a part of this and although I'm going with the two classes I don't teach at the moment, I hope it will be fun, just fingers crossed for the right weather.

Yesterday I was training at the Volkhochschule for my new job which I am starting next month teaching English evening classes for adults.  I was a bit put out when the compulsory training took place on a Saturday and a very nice, sunny one at that but actually it was pretty useful and it was great to meet other teachers from all walks of life in the same boat as me.  I feel more prepared and excited about the experience already.  

In the evening we were at Madlen's surprise housewarming party.  She moved to Neustadt the week after I moved out of there.  The flat is great, very nice for Neustadt and she has it all set up nicely already.  She also has two gorgeous cats who were sneaking around while totally confused at all these people turning up in their new home!  

Just our flat warming to plan now...

No comments:

Post a Comment