Monday 12 September 2011

Goodbye to my Faithful Friend


I bought my first car less than a week after passing my test (third time lucky).  I hadn't told my mum or dad that I had passed so they were both suitably surprised when I pulled up in the new car.

I rushed into buying the car because it had taken me three attempts and almost six years of learning to pass my test and I didn't want to forget how to drive!  Also, it was so useful for getting to college, to my training schools in Garforth and Bradford, my first job in Harrogate and even Heckomondwike (although not entirely necessary there, I do admit).

I also insisted on bringing the car with me when I first moved to Germany.  Even after my experience in Oldenburg five years ago, I hadn't really realised how easy it was to get about in Germany without a car and I certainly hadn't realised how difficult the German government made it to be a car owner!  Gggrrrr.

So my car (which I unfortunately never named) has been with me through thick and thin the last three and a half years but I have finally taken the leap and sold it to hopefully a good new owner in order to lead a healthier, greener, and financially better off life.  

Goodbye old friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment