Tuesday 13 September 2011

Wandertag

Yesterday I accompanied 8a and 8d on a hike to the Werder Stadium.  I was hoping for an easy start to the week and while it was mentally, not so much physically.  That aside it was also more educational than I expected.  I learnt the following things:

  • some pupils are dumber than I knew - walking barefoot along public footpaths is never a good idea - I'd rather have bad blisters than glass in my foot (as I have proved on numerous occasions and in previous posts).
  • some pupils will find trouble to make wherever you take them - cue half the boys in the class digging rocks out of the damn along the river to throw in, then cue the Bremen police boat coming along and telling them off.
  • my old 'dreaded worst class' now speak constant English thanks to two new pupils from Greece and Russia who don't speak much German (so that's where I went wrong?!)
  • The Werder Stadium is quite a sight up close and personal...maybe attending a game should go on my 28 list...

No comments:

Post a Comment