Friday 7 October 2011

Evening Classes

Last night I was back in the Volkhochschule evening classes.  This time, however, I was on the other side of things - teaching English rather than learning French.

I used to teach adults Spanish in an evening class at my last school and I really enjoyed it.  It's a completely different experience to my normal work.  Firstly, the learners have chosen to be there and are very enthusiastic.  The down side is that the pressure is a bit higher since they are the ones paying for the course and one of my new students is even a teacher which makes me feel even more under scrutiny.  However, he first class went well and now that I know who I am teaching, I expect the next class to go even better.

Of course, I still love my day job.  I know there are bad days and times when pupil behaviour makes me wan to pack it all in but this morning felt great to be greeted by the pupils as I arrived in school, and then have a chat and nice calm lesson with year ten.  Maybe i's just because it's Friday and we had a shorter week but days like this, I'm glad to be a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment