Saturday 8 October 2011

The Saturday Update

After the bank holiday on Monday to celebrate the reunification of Germany over twenty years ago, we have had a shorter week than usual this week.  I've also gotten back into cycling after my week off for the school trip and despite being very good this week on the diet (all weightwatchers meals, no alcohol, no snacks)... well, let's just say I'm buying some new scales having lost all faith in these ones.

I also started the first of my two English evening classes with the Volkhochschule.  The other starts in November.  It was actually good fun and quite invigorating being in a classroom with adults again but I am not looking forward to November with the colder, darker, later nights.  At least I have a nice day on Friday - here's hoping the doesn't change when the timetable does at half year.

I have also booked our flights home in the Christmas holidays.  This year we are spending Christmas with Nico's family so I will experience my first German Christmas!  We then fly to England on the 27th until the 3rd January.  Very excited - looking forward to catching up with everyone and meeting my new nephew for the first time!  I was also excited to learn that Ryanair have finally done the right thing and set up a flight from Bremen to Manchester so we don't have to find transport from London or Edinburgh to Leeds.

Next week is a full one but will be easier to get through knowing that it is the last one before the October/Autumn holidays.  Two weeks of relaxing and receiving visits from both our families.  I'll also be working on getting my MA dissertation somewhere near finished now that the deadline is looming ever nearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment