Saturday 22 October 2011

Holiday Update - Thursday



On Thursday we were up bright and early to head to the Universum science centre in Bremen with Nico's two young cousins.  I had never been to the museum before although Nico had been on a school trip.  It reminded me a lot of Eureka but purely science based.

The building itself looks like a giant oyster shell as you can see above.  I've often seen pictures but I hadn't even been to the area where it is.  It's quite near the university in the north of the city.

There were three sections - the Cosmos, the Earth and People.  We managed to fit in all three although the place was very busy with both families on school holidays and school groups from other parts of Germany.  Some things were a nice reminder from my own school days and some things were new for me too.  The boys really seemed to enjoy it.  They weren't really into reading the explanations for anything, but if it had a button, lever or handle, they were into it.  I would really recommend the place for any families with children.

There was also an outdoor play area with a tower which had great views.  We also spent some time in the shop where I bought us a new jigsaw which we will be starting later.

After the museum we headed back into town where we bought Trivial Pursuit!  I have been dying to buy this for ages and finally found it on special offer in Bremen.  I hadn't remembered quite how difficult the game is and how much that can be multiplied when the questions are both in German and often based on German contexts but we played for about an hour without winning any pieces before we finally quit.  I did get three questions right anyway though!  Very proud.  And very grateful that Nico is soooo patient!

No comments:

Post a Comment