Friday 11 November 2011

On teaching adults...

Last night I started my second evening course - Advanced English.  I'd had a bit of trouble in the class beforehand due to my bad planning.  It's supposed to be Easy English Conversation but I have some very strong students in there and I'd been aiming my material too much towards them.  Now that the advanced class has started, I've recommended that some move to the later group and hopefully that will let me plan more focused and productive lessons!

The new students make a really interesting group.  This time there is a guy from Brazil who doesn't speak German and a woman from Russia.  (who coincidentally work at the same place but didn't know each other)  There are also two police officers - so it went down well that I had planned an activity on police corruption in Mexico!  But regardless of background, they were all keen to learn and to speak English.

I'm really looking forward to next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment