Saturday 12 November 2011

The Saturday Update

This week I have stayed the same.  I'm a little disappointed as I have been totally on the plan and counting points since Monday and I have been racking up the points through walking even though I haven't gotten back on my bike yet.  I am going to stay motivated and on track though.  I plan to make some more 0 points soup and cut some points that way.  I am still off alcohol, so that should be helping too.  Fingers crossed for next week!  We also tried a new, delicious tofu and spinach salad recipe for lunch one day and I am going to make that again next week too.  Lookout for it this week.

Aside from that it's been a busy old week.  I went back to work on Monday despite not being 100%.  I lost my voice on Tuesday which led to losing my rag a little bit with my afternoon classes but apart from that, work has been good and I've been giving a lot of lessons on Guy Fawkes!  I also used those resources for my adult classes which got a little more interesting this week as I started delivering the advanced course too.  I'm really enjoying Thursday evenings at the moment.  

This week I also caught up with the other Native Speakers and the new ones who I hadn't yet met when we had the official get to know you drink at Cafe Classico in the centre on Thursday.  I discovered that two of the ladies who are new here are feeling quite homesick and finding it hard to meet people.  To be honest if it hadn't been for Linda when I first got here and Nico ever since, I would probably be feeling the same so I am going to try to arrange more get togethers and social things to make them feel more welcome and settled.  It's always great to meet new people and having discovered that only three of us have stayed from last year's group, I want to try and change that this year.

So next week is going to be busy too.  I have a full work week including parents' days which are always fun and a few social items on my calendar too.  Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment