Friday 23 December 2011

When in Rome...



Christmas is going to be a little different for me this year.  I'm spending the holiday itself with Nico's family in Niedersachsen before heading back to England next Tuesday for New Years.  While it's my first Christmas away from home, and I'm looking forward to our English Christmas Day on 28th December, I'm also really looking forward to finding out first hand how it's done here.  

I know that the traditions are different and in Germany presents are opened on Christmas Eve in the evening.  There will also be candles on the tree so I will be keeping a glass of water handy.  Dinner will be quite similar but with a much bigger group than I'm used to (maybe as many as eighteen!) and of course my German will be put to the test.  

I'm taking a bit of a break over the holidays but I look forward to updating you on my German Christmas experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment