Friday 6 January 2012

Back to School

Yesterday so the return to school.  At first I was a little down about going back on a Thursday - my longest day as I also have my Volkhochschule lessons in the evening - but once I got there, I was quickly back into the swing of things and enjoying starting with a two day week.  (Which was just as well as I'm shattered already).

Although I have been in teaching four years now, I still start a new term in the misguided hope that the pupils may come back refreshed and ready to learn - this is always quickly quashed when they turn up refreshed and raring to cause havoc - if they turn up at all!  My first class was my 'top' set year nine, or at least the half that could drag themselves away from the chocolate biscuits and new computer games at home.  At least the low numbers meant more progress and a quieter lesson.  Other lessons were of the usual standard and the holidays were very quickly a distant memory.

The best part of the day - apart from getting into bed - was catching up with Loretto after almost a month without seeing her.  She and Ed also had a good break, with more relaxing than we managed.  As usual, her positive attitude rubbed off and I am looking forward to more Thursday coffees with the girls in the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment