Friday 6 January 2012

Resolutions



I've had a little bit of a late and odd start to the new year with being in England and working an odd two day week.  This means I'm starting my New Year's Resolutions as of Monday when I can get back into a routine.  The only one that I've gotten going so far is the alcohol detox.  (I know it won't last all year but it's part of a bigger plan).  So here they are:

  1. Be Healthy (I know, I know, resolutions should be way more specific so let me break it down for you - 
  • Detox on alcohol followed by a weekend only rule and sticking to 3 units per day.
  • More exercise - walk to healthy every day, build up from one aerobic session per week to three, run the Bremen 10k in Autumn.
  • Cut out snacks and make wiser food choices.  If this doesn't lead to weight loss by the end of January, (or if I plateau during the year) rejoin Weightwatchers meetings and start tracking.
  • Remove my makeup and follow the three step cleansing routine - EVERY night.
  • Use my electric toothbrush to make sure I brush for the full two minutes, twice per day, no excuses!
   2.    Go to bed at 9pm and read for one hour before lights out (this is a joint one with Nico and obviously won't work on a Thursday but really made a difference and helped with the 5.45am alarm calls when we tried it last year before getting back into the habit of late night TV watching).

   3.  Keep doing new things (see my weekly updates and 27 list).

No comments:

Post a Comment