Sunday 15 January 2012

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo



Yesterday we finally got round to using my cinema vouchers and went to see the new version of The Dragon Tattoo.  I was a little apprehensive.  I'm not totally sold on films made from books, especially by Hollywood.  Plus, I knew that there were already Swedish versions of these films that stuck to the book so was a little curious as to how this version would also be true to the book. 

I was pleasantly surprised.  The film was very loyal to the book and, as far as I could tell, only changed one part of the storyline and that isn't consequential to the whole story.

It's really long - almost three hours and the first time I've ever been to a cinema where they had a break halfway through the feature. 

We both thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon and I would recommend it to both fans of the book and film fans too!

No comments:

Post a Comment