Saturday 14 January 2012

The Saturday Update

It's been another busy week getting back into the full swing of things at school and starting the reinvention project.  I have also stuck to cutting out alcohol, most snacks, and moving more and it's paid off because I have lost seven pounds according the scales this week!  I'm amazed but I know that that amount of weight loss isn't sustainable, it's just the jump start I needed with a shock to the system after the excesses of Christmas.  A lot of it this week is thanks to Nico and those lovely smoothies which I've been taking to work for my lunch.  They're nice because they are filling, no fuss and healthy!

I've also been getting into zumba and walking more instead of taking the bus on my way home from work.  I'm loving zumba, the music just takes me back to Barcelona.  It's so fun, it doesn't seem like work and goes by fast.  A habit I'll definitely be keeping up.

We've also been doing well on our reading resolution.  I don't tend to manage an hour but that's because I fall asleep earlier - this just shows how tired I am which is not surprising with the 5.45 starts and the dark mornings and nights.  I'm already feeling more energized with better diet and fitness so hopefully this will continue to build up as Spring arrives and brings the lighter mornings with it!  

My three non-negotiables for next week are things that I didn't get around to this week:

- my next French assignment
- my financial budget
- get to a yoga class!

Also next week, I've got coffee with the girls, open evening at school and this afternoon, a visit to the cinema to see Girl with the Dragon Tattoo in German!

No comments:

Post a Comment