Wednesday 4 January 2012

Something New Week #7

Of course, my something new this week was doing things the German way at Christmas time.  I've already talked about the differences in Germany at Christmas.  The main one being the different timing, with gifts on Christmas Eve in the evening.

One thing I haven't mentioned until now is what an incredibly lucky girl I am.  It really hits home at this time of year anyway but it did feel extra special this year with a wonderful boyfriend, two Christmas Days with all of our family and seeing our nearest and dearest over the holidays.  

I received so many great presents this year.  Possibly my favourite was my gold buddha statue that has contributed to making our flat even more of a haven for me!  I also got a hell of a lot of books so that I can continue the buying ban well into the new year!  Our flights home were a great present too.  So lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment