Sunday 5 February 2012

Cold Snap

Even the ducks' transport has been disrupted!


You're probably already aware (if not get stocked up before it gets to you) but there's a very cold snap in Europe at the moment.  It started here over the long weekend and is showing no sign of letting up.  It was -12 when I set off to work on Thursday and although a toasty -9 on Friday, it was the first time I've set off to work in snow for a while.

It doesn't matter how many layers, I cannot get warm outside at all.  It's a good thing the transport is so full on a morning, just to get the feeling back in my extremities.  I just feel for those suffering even more (-30 in Russia and one hundred fatalities in the Ukraine!).  Let's hope it pushes off soon.


Meanwhile, the mornings are clearly lighter on the way to school...

No comments:

Post a Comment