Sunday 26 February 2012

The Millennium Trilogy



This week we got through the whole (nine hours) of the orignal Swedish millennium trilogy films.  Watching the first one was a bit eerie, having seen the new Hollywood version just a few weeks ago and how similar they are (I wrote about this earlier in the week).

The other two films are much more closely linked (as are the books) and have a different director from the first one.  I have to say that if I hadn't read the books, I think I would have really enjoyed the films but knowing the story beforehand and seeing how they have mauled it really spoiled it in some ways.  I understand that films have to make some cuts to stories in order to make them work as films and that some books just don't work the same as a film (Twilight series...) but I hate when the storyline is changed for no apparent reason (My Sister's Keeper...) and that is what seemed to happen here.

On a final note, the ending makes me really down too because it was so obviously open for a fourth one that we may never read now.

No comments:

Post a Comment