Saturday 25 February 2012

The Saturday Update

Well, in terms of my goals this week has been the worst of the year so far.  I've put on a whopping five pounds this week!  I have been totally slack about exercise.  I've walked a bit more but haven't done any zumba or yoga and at the same time I forgot about all the sensible things I had put in place in January such as not drinking alcohol and no snacking between meals.  So I started of the day a little bit down but also a hell of a lot more motivated to get back on track.  January was an amazing month for me but February not so much.  This week sees the start of a new month and I'm going to make it count.  Otherwise, it's back to Weightwatchers!

Work has also gotten me a bit down this week.  Year nines stole the exam from my file on the desk...colleagues asked me if I was pregnant...I had more cover lessons than usual.  Okay so on the pregnancy one I should point out that the secretary has been gossiping and let everyone know that two female colleagues are pregnant and taking maternity leave next year but not who.  So the staffroom has been rife with rumours and guessing games all week but nobody is owning up.  To be honest, if it were me, I would be fuming that the cat had been let out of the bag.

Speaking of cats, Nico bought a laser pen this week which has sent Pete absolutely wild.  We even got him into a bath with water using the pen!  Unfortunately he is acting crazier when we aren't using the pen so I think we may have to cut down it's use.

Otherwise, it has been a fairly quiet week.  We are having dinner with Ed and Loreto tonight after we visit the Acta protest in Bremen this afternoon and next week will be busier with English conversation and coffee on Thursday evening, girly coffee on Friday afternoon and a trip to Oldenburg to round off the week.  Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment