Monday 19 March 2012

Latest Craft Project


One of my 2012 goals is to get into three new crafts.  I have started with this one.  It's kind of a paper mache idea.  I bought the box last year to hold all my craft goodies and it was always my intention to decorate it at some point.  As you know, Idee is my favourite craft shop and while browsing last week, I came across this funky, bright paper which is designed for this kind of use.  Last weekend, I started work with the lid.  It's a little bit more fiddly than I expected but I am pleased with the overall effect.  The glue really works with the paper and also functions as a kind of gloss. 


This week, I worked during the evenings to finish the project.  First I papered the rest of the box.  Then gave the box a second coat to make sure the paper was properly stuck and to eliminate some bubbles.  Finally, I'd also invested in some little stick on jewels to add a bit of sparkle.  I'm really pleased with the final result.  What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment