Tuesday 6 March 2012

Oldenburg

This weekend we headed back to our old stomping ground - Oldenburg.  I find it really strange that Nico was studying there when I lived there and that we could have had dinner at the same table in the uni cafeteria and we'll never know!



Anyway, one of Nico's old university friends is heading off to Africa for a year to complete a chemistry project for his Masters or Doctorate, not sure which.  Saturday was his leaving party and we decided to make a day of it.  



First we headed to Saturn to redeem Nico's five year old credit note!  That was a fun conversation!  We invested in some new tunes, or for me some older ones in the form of Whitney's Greatest Hits and Michael Jackson Number Ones.  I can't believe I've gotten to this age without owning one of these two.  Maybe it's something to do with being forced to listen to their work on repeat as a child (Whitney in the car, thanks Mum and Michael at Auntie Carol's during the Summer hoidays).  Anyway, I'm sat here chilling out to Whitney as I write.



Afterwards we headed up to the uni.  Although it was dead, being a Saturday, it was a great time to look around.  Nico showed me all his old buildings and of course my favourite - the library.  We also had a stroll in the park behind the uni which was nice while the weather stayed dry.



We had a lovely Chinese meal in town and a cheeky cocktail at Cafe Bar Celona before heading to the party.  



The party was nice.  For me, the best bit was seeing where Nico used to live, as his friends are still in the same flat.  It was strange seeing what a lads pad it is and comparing it to both his last flat and our flat.  It's hard to believe how long ago uni was for us both now!


No comments:

Post a Comment