Monday 5 March 2012

Wales

Last week I received my new driving license.  The DVLA asks that you return your old one by post so I headed to the post office on Thursday to sort this out.  The address was quite short DVLA, Swansea, postcode, Wales.

When I handed it over the counter, the woman said I needed to write England on the end of the address.  I told her, Wales isn't in England.  I was quite aware that it may well end up it the bin at the hands of an angry Welsh post worker if I wrote it on so in the end we compromised by writing Great Britain on there.  

Now, I've written to Wales before, since living here and never had this problem.  I was looking so confused that she decided to explain that there's more than one Wales.  There's actually one in Africa and she didn't want them to get mixed up and send it there.  It was a surreal conversation.

I've been researching since Thursday and so far, I haven't found a Wales in Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment