Saturday 24 March 2012

The Saturday Update

Another quick week come and gone and it couldn't have gone fast enough this week.  I have noticed a big improvement in my energy with doing more sport, eating better and enjoying the lighter mornings but despite all that, I started to flag this week.  It's been a long slog since the Christmas break and luckily this holiday will be longer than the last and give us lots of time to recuperate!  With the energy levels flagging, I only got half an hour of Zumba in this week, although I did cycle to Roland Center every day this week and clock up some walking points.  However, not being strict enough on the diet too, has led to an expected gain of 5.5lbs.  I'm not too worried though, as I plan to Zumba every day in the holidays, and get some yoga in.  Plus, we are going to be hiking for three days in the Harz so I hope to have a much better report for you next week!

We got a fair few jobs ticked off this week.  Pete is booked into a lovely professional cattery for our holiday next week.  The woman is a qualified vet so that's reassuring.  We upgraded our telephone package to include international calls and faster internet which will save us some money.  I also headed into town on Thursday for a good news bad news evening.  First I headed to the translation office to get a quote for the documents I need for my new contract and they said it would be 400 Euros!  I've reviewed which documents I need and hope that it might just be five instead of thirteen so I'll be heading back on Monday to sort that properly.  The good news was that I found my new walking shoes for the Harz trip and they weren't too expensive.  If I'm honest, the colour description also swayed me - chocolate brown and sangria!!  Have a look...



Yesterday I put the first lot of washing this year outside to dry - and overnight.  It's so nice to have more space in the flat as we also put out the plants that we had brought in for the Winter and the rest of the balcony boxes ready for today.  This also led to Pete's first adventures on the balcony and some worried moments for us!  We are looking into getting a net so that he doesn't have an accident although this article was quite reassuring.

This morning we woke up at 6.30!!  We did have an early night though and I suppose it will make the hour clock change tonight less of a trauma!  It's been a very productive morning so far, I've read sixty pages, cleaned the flat, trained my brain, done my weigh in and now updated the blog!  For the rest of the day we're planning to sort out the balcony with a trip to the garden centre and next, I'm going to be getting my first daily Zumba of the holidays in!  Have a good one people!

No comments:

Post a Comment