Saturday 31 March 2012

The Saturday Update

Well it has been a great first week to the holidays.  We had a nice weekend sorting out the balcony and discovering Huchting's very own zoo.  Then we had two more productive days.  I got my paperwork handed in for translation so I can pick that up next week and finally have my meeting at the office next week and be one step closer to that contract!

Of course the best part of the week was the last three days which we spent in the Harz.  It flew by but we had a great time discovering Goslar, Altenau and the surrounding areas.  We have spent all of our hypothetical lottery money already!  The are is just beautiful and so peaceful.  The cabin was gorgeous with a lovely wooden fire.  More on all of that later.

Today we are relaxing back into being home.  We have to pick Pete up this afternoon.  I have to say, it has been great to keep an eye on him via the webcam on the first and last night he was there (we, very happily, did not have an internet connection in the Harz).  Hopefully he won't be too traumatized when we get him back later.

The bad news is that this post is coming to you from Nico's laptop as mine has given up on me this morning.  I hope it will be resurrected later, we shall see.  Next week will be about my birthday, working on that contract and preparing for Dad's visit.  (and possibly researching new laptops, but keep your fingers crossed that I might not have to). 

P.S. Forgot to mention that despite all the exercise (average 3pt per day), I have eaten way too much of what I want this week, and stayed the same.  However, it's now Sunday morning and I had a sneaky jump on the scales this morning and lost a pound!  

No comments:

Post a Comment