Saturday 28 April 2012

The Saturday Update

This week has flown by yet again and we're finally here with the long May Day bank holiday weekend.  We haven't made big plans as we're ready for the break but we are looking forward to games night with Ed & Loreto tonight.

It's been a great week at work with the first meeting of the new year five team which I am very excited to be a part of.  I have belonged to two different year groups in the two years that I have been here but I think it is going to be different this time as I am there from the beginning and can also contribute more now that I am used to the system  and the language.

I have been working on a knitting project for my niece's birthday and will be putting the finishing touches to that today - more on that next week.  I also did some more work on greetings cards and invested in a craft magazine from England.  

I haven't been big on the zumba this week.  I fit in one session on Monday but on the other nights I was just too tired.  However, I have clocked up a fair amount of points on the pedometer and cycling to Roland Center and back every day.  Instead, I tightened up on the food front.  I stuck to my regular breakfast, but had salad bowls and fruit salads for lunch followed by dinners with a high proportion of veg and no snacks or alcohol.  It's paid off with a 2.25lb weight loss this week!  I am hoping to continue this next week which would put me at my lowest weight for the year.

I also had lovely meetings with my English student and Loreto this week.  We braved Alex's again on Friday and the service was much better than before and proved to be another fairly healthy lunch.  It's something I hope we can make a weekly ritual - a very positive end to the week. 

Next week we have a long weekend, another year five meeting and perhaps a trip somewhere local - more on that later.  Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment