Monday 4 June 2012

52 Weeks of Grateful

I recently discovered this project through a favourite blog of mine - A Cat-Like Curiosity and decided that I'm going to take part.  As part of my attempt to lead a more Buddhist life, I have been taking the time to consciously think of the things that I am grateful for at the end of each day and this seems a really good way to make that more official!  I'm going to do this on a Sunday normally but so many things happened last week that I am grateful for that I felt it would make a better start.

Things I am grateful for this week:

1. Nico
2. Mum and Doug driving over to visit
3. Mum and Doug bringing a car full of my belongings from England - some of which I have had for a long time and have missed more than I knew.
4. My friend Loreto taking us to Fischerhude - a real German countryside gem - for the afternoon.
5. A short work week.
6. My friend Loreto being my friend.
7. My lovely pupils - year eight getting all engaged and excited as they are heading off to London this week and year ten being a pleasure to teach now that the exam is done.
8. My Dad calling to check in even though it's month end and a busy time at work for him.
9. Having an amazingly productive Saturday including fitting the balcony net so that we can sit out with Pete when the weather brightens up.
10. Losing two pounds.
11. My Mum teaching me some new knitting skills.
12. Finishing the latest Game of Thrones book.
13. Finding space for all the things Mum and Doug brought over from England.
14. Finding a nice present to send my Gran.
15. Having positive feedback and a new meeting about my new contract (fingers crossed!) which also led to a lovely reference from my old boss.

I know there are some more that I have forgotten already but I will be making more of an effort to note these down from now on.

What are you grateful for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment