Saturday 2 June 2012

The Saturday Update


It's a been a great week on many fronts this week.  First of all we had a visit from my Mum and Doug.  They stayed Sunday to Thursday and we showed them the sights of Huchting and around (they have been to Bremen before).  We had glorious weather at the start of the week too which made it even nicer.

They brought a lot of my things from England - mainly DVDs and clothes.  The DVDs went straight into our lovely DVD shelves that we bought in January but the clothes will take a bit more time.  They're my inspiration for getting back to goal since there are too many nice ones I can no longer fit into.  It seems to be working already as despite all the eating out and drinking this week, I lost two pounds!  

On Monday we had a quiet day, wandering round the park in Huchting, unpacking and visiting the Mongolian buffet for dinner.  Afterwards, we cracked out the board games, introduced Nico to scrabble, Mum and Doug to Dixit and then had a round of Carcasonne.  Lovely evening.

On Tuesday we headed first to the Baumarkt (German equivalent of B&Q) to buy supplies for finally putting a cat net on the balcony so we can sit out more - another project in the pipeline...  Afterwards, we met up with Loreto and headed out to Fischerhude.  It was my first trip there and we all totally loved it but more on that later.

It was back to work on Wednesday for me and Nico and the nice weather started to disappear.  At least it was a shorter working week that was mainly about returning grades and preparing year eight for London next week.  After work we had a nice, late lunch in Bremen and then headed home for the evening.

Thursday was the last day so we headed into Bremen to meet Loreto and Ed at a Thai restaurant for an early dinner followed by coffees at Cafe Bar Celona and then an early night as they set of back at 2am.

On Friday I had my usual short day at work before getting all my jobs done around the flat.  Today I've got more to do, including those clothes and heading to the Roland Center so we are going to be relaxing tomorrow.

In amongst all this, I completed my last knitting project of a mobile phone holder, took some lessons from Mum who kindly brought me tons of needles, wool and books, and started a new project which is going well so far (touch wood).

Next week should be pretty smooth with four of my seven classes away on trips, I will probably have lots of cover but at least there'll be less planning and marking!  I also have my English conversation group, an appointment at the council about my contract and a day and a half off for marking which is already in the bag!  Have a good one people.

No comments:

Post a Comment