Friday 31 August 2012

Haworth


Another item on my 28 things list is to visit the birthplace or grave of a cultural icon.  One of my best friends, Loreto, and I are both mad keen on classic books and both love the Bronte sisters' work.  Earlier this year she visited Haworth in Yorkshire - the home town of the girls where Emily and Charlotte are buried.  When my sister asked us if we wanted to go out for the day while we were back, this place immediately jumped to mind.  We had a lovely day out walking round the town, visiting the old school room, the cemetery and the meadow before a lovely pub lunch in the local.  The only down side to the day was that the church itself was closed and the sisters are buried there so I didn't achieve my goal of the day but in the end, it was such a lovely visit I didn't mind.  We bought a couple of nice keepsakes for the flat and Nico took some amazing photos that just scream Yorkshire every time I look at them.

In the car with Lucas

Haworth Railway Station
















No comments:

Post a Comment