Saturday 1 September 2012

The Saturday Update

It's been a lovely last week of the holidays for me.  Since arriving back last weekend, I spent Monday having lunch with the lovely Loreto who I had really missed during our combined travels and then signed my permanent contract!  

On Tuesday we visited Nico's family and picked Pete up.  We even took him for a walk around their huge garden on the lead and are looking forward to his new one arriving so we can do the same here. 

Wednesday was our last day of the holiday together as Nico was back on Thursday.  We relaxed and watched Total Recall!  I love the idea of the film but how dated it looked (I couldn't believe it was made in 1990) was laughable.  Looking forward to seeing the new version.

Thursday was a long, quiet but productive day by myself in the flat.  I got tidied and cleaned up, finished unpacking etc and read over half of Shadow in the Wind in preparation for reading Carlos Ruiz Zafon's latest instalment - The Prisoner of Heaven which I'm well into now.

Friday was more of the same, getting things done and reading lots.  Nico was home a little earlier though so we enjoyed a lovely steak dinner together.  Despite the lovely food and drink all week and not really paying attention to the diet since I'm going back to Weightwatchers, I have lost the pound that I put on on holiday.  I'm still planning to go back to meetings, I'm just waiting to get my timetable from school so I can see which time is best for me.

So next week is the big one, back to work, meeting the new class, more catching up with friends I haven't seen all Summer.... Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment