Friday 21 September 2012

Scotland - Edinburgh



While we're on the topic of Scotland this week, I thought I'd also fill you in on my other trip there which was to the capital, also with family, for my Dad's 50th birthday.  While I loved the countryside in Scotland on my first trip there, I also loved this city based trip.  I'm a sucker for capital cities anyway but Edinburgh has something really magical in the tiny old streets, the castle, the medieval feel of the place.  I really loved it.



It was easy to reach on the train (so no problems with parking or city driving), we found a nice hotel and ate in nice restaurants.  We walked all those extra calories off, especially as Edinburgh is so hilly, and so all the sights we wanted to - the Castle, the parliament, Princes Street...  It was a brilliant weekend and I'd love to go back with Nico some day.










No comments:

Post a Comment