Saturday 24 November 2012

The Saturday Update

Good Morning!...Okay, good afternoon.  I think I earned a lie in today though.  It's been a manic week but that made it go extra fast.

Monday was a normal day.  Slight bad news at Weightwatchers but not as bad as it could have been after the mince pie onslaught - just 200g.  I've been very good so far this week so fingers crossed for Monday!

On Tuesday we conducted six or seven house visits for our class.  It was a long day but really interesting to see how our pupils live.  It was an eye opener but luckily not in a negative way as some of our colleagues experienced. 

As we had carried out our home visits on Tuesday we had just our class on Wednesday which was nice, if a little manic.  I also got the chance to sit in on a Roots of Empathy session which I normally miss out on due to my timetable.  It was lovely to meet baby Adele and her mother as well as our Canadian visitor.  

Thursday was the longest day and I'm just glad it didn't come earlier in the week.  After a normal teaching day we had Winter Market.  Our class were selling wooden Christmas angels (more on that later) and sold all but one, making a neat little profit and leaving us with a nice memento for the classroom.  Then I had my evening classes which I am still enjoying despite the late nights.  This week we played Winter scrabble.

Thankfully, Friday was quiet and smooth.  After work I could relax a little and then get jobs around the flat done before the weekend and hence the lie in this morning.  I am enjoying the season in that I get to snuggle up in the flat and light some lovely scented candles.  I'm not liking it outside much at the moment though which leaves us both feeling like we're too lazy on the weekends.  I'm trying to consider how busy next month is going to be, weekends and all, and excuse ourselves for this last quiet one of the year!

Today is also my lovely Grandma's 89th birthday!  I'm not going to write as much as I did last year, but just to wish her a wonderful day and lots of fun reading the novel / doorstop that I bought her.  Tomorrow she'll be telling everyone she's nearly ninety!  Love you Gran.

Other things are going well too - I have now knitted five and a half Christmas presents and am about to finish another book as well as having made progress on my 28 list this week!  More on all that later... Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment