Friday 22 February 2013

28 things...send a message in a bottle




The deadline for my 28 things list is looming and I'm trying to work off some of the last remaining things.  This one has bugged me for a while because we haven't been to the seaside for a long time.  It only occurred to me last week - who said I have to send it via the sea?  I live in a city with a huge river which leads right out to the North Sea.

This realised, I came across a second problem - am I littering?  I'm quite good about littering on a day to day basis - by that I mean I don't do it.  I figure if I put one little bottle out there with one nice message inside, it's not litter anyway, it's a little piece of good karma.  

On that note, I selected one of the miniature wine bottles I have emptied lately (I've resorted to mini bottles in a bid to stop myself getting carried away when I'm drinking wine solo.) and dug out one of the karma cards I've had lying around for a while and prepared a little something.

I dropped the bottle into the Weser on my way to work one morning this week.  As my conscience was still pricking me a little bit with the whole littering question, I didn't stop for a photo but you can see above, how I prepared the message.  

I hope someone finds it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment