Saturday 23 February 2013

The Saturday Update

A very busy week this time, it has absolutely flown again but mainly because I haven't stopped.  It was back to work on Monday, I took the tram Monday and Friday as the bike is starting to feel the pressure with this weather and it's not good for my knees but hopefully we'll have that fixed up soon and spring might make an appearance with some warmer weather.  It snowed again this week and dropped below zero so we're not out of winter yet.

Work was good this week - I was glad to be back after missing it the week before.  I won't see year nine for five and a half weeks now which will be a nice break.  Unfortunately our little class is growing up fast and with far too many girls in the group, problems are starting to set in.  We'll get there with them though.  The Spanish groups were also rearranged, leaving me with the top set which is great but means I need to work on my own Spanish more - hence heading back to the Spanish conversation group on a Friday.

On Friday, I also attended my first English teachers' workshop at Volkhochschule which was nice.  It was a small group and it's a pain on Fridays but it's only once a month so I will see how that goes.  There's also the possibility of another teaching job, we'll see.

My new toy arrived on Tuesday - a sewing machine so I headed round the shops for material last night and will be experimenting later on - hopefully more on that to come.

All the paperwork has now arrived from both of our hometowns so that we can start getting the official side of the wedding organised.  That's on the list for next week.  More people are slowly booking flights and accommodation and we need to look at our honeymoon soon.  

I lost 1.1kilos at Weightwatchers on Monday, which was a great result but probably because I was ill the week before, so I hope I haven't undone it while I've been getting back to full health.  Giving up chocolate for lent has hopefully helped though.

We have friends coming for dinner tonight  and those few projects mentioned above to focus on this week, so let's hope it's another good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment