Saturday 16 February 2013

The Saturday Update

This week was different for all the wrong reasons in that I have spent most of it in the flat.

I started feeling ill on Sunday and took Monday and Tuesday off to try and beat the cold off before it took hold.  As it was worse mornings and evenings, I felt a bit bad about not working so I decided to give it a go on Wednesday and managed to make it through the day despite feeling much worse and different colleagues and pupils trying to send me home.  I should have read the warning signs when first my bag and then my bike broke on Wednesday morning!  Anyway, by Thursday I was tucked up in bed again and signed off by the doctor for the rest of the week.

My biggest disappointment was that this was supposed to be a really big week for me and apart from almost a week of work, I've also missed a weightwatchers session, Valentine's Day dinner (although I was spoilt by my lovely fiance with some beautiful red roses), my first Kohlfahrt (I think I'm cursed since this is the third one in three years that I have missed) and a work day at Ristedt - the school country house.

March had better be a better month!  However, the whole experience made me realise how much I take my health for granted usually.  I always complain and worry at the slightest twinge but at the end of the day, I do pretty well.  The fact that I can cycle to school most days, in all weathers and that I managed my 10k run last year, show that I am capable normally.  While I think I live quite a healthy lifestyle where diet and exercise are concerned, I'm always trying to do better.  When I've finally kicked this thing, I'm going to avoid a repeat of it by eating better and exercising more and finally getting towards my goal weight again.

Anyway, all this time has given me the chance to finish the German book I was reading - more on that tomorrow, and finish a few other projects along the way so I'm starting to feel a little better about that.  I did a little wedding planning early in the week, but was soon thwarted by German bureaucracy.  Luckily that is getting sorted now and fingers crossed, we'll soon be on our way again.

Next week I'm hoping to be fit enough to get back into the usual routine, plough my way through Anna Karenina and have dinner with Nico's best man and his girlfriend next weekend.  Fingers crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment