Monday 4 March 2013

Sewing Project 1 - Complete!



 Here's my first ever sewing machine project.  I was so excited to get going on this.  

Learning how to use the machine this weekend brought back vivid memories of high school textiles lessons.  Back then I was petrified of sewing my fingers together or something but I'm a little more mature and organised now...as long as I remember to unplug the machine before moving it, right Nico?

Anyway, for my first dead easy project, I picked out some material with lots of lime and lemon notes to match our kitchen and sewed up the hems to make this little blind for the kitchen.  Now, fewer neighbours can see in.  

I had planned to back the material but Nico quite rightly pointed out that we need the light when working in there.  I'm so pleased with the results!  

I also bought this book as a general guide and it has already proved invaluable, now I plan to follow the projects through.

No comments:

Post a Comment