Sunday 3 March 2013

28 things - Visit the birthplace or grave of a cultural icon


We went to Howarth in the Summer with the aim of visiting the grave of the two Bronte sisters who are buried there, and having a nice family day out.

I read some more Bronte last year and I have read at least one novel from all three now so it was especially interesting to me and Nico really enjoyed the trip too - I think it shows a lovely side of England.

Unfortunately the church, where the sisters graves actually are, was closed for renovation and we didn't get to see them but we wandered around the grounds, where they must have wandered too and we saw the terribly overcrowded graveyard there, as you can see above.

I hope to visit again one day and see the museum too but we had a wonderful day that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment