Saturday 9 March 2013

The Saturday Update

Another crazy week this week.  As well as a full week at work, I managed to get at least one thing achieved each day.

Last Sunday, we finished booking the honeymoon so with the flights, four hotels and car hire, we're just about ready to go.  I'm really looking forward to the wedding week and having friends and family around but because it is going to be so hectic, I'm really looking forward to having some time for us on the honeymoon too.

On Monday I had to miss Weightwatchers to go to the council to ask for our permission to get married.  The system here is quite frustrating.  After telling me I had to get my (brand new) birth certificate translated - my year fives can understand 'father', 'mother', a place and a date for goodness sake! - he decided to let me off that.  Then came the date for our official appointment to pick up the marriage license - his first suggestion was 17th July (I almost had a heart attack - the wedding is on the 19th!), he found me one on 3rd June.  It's still a long time off and I still have to get time off work for it but that's just German law apparently!!

On Tuesday, there was a big strike across Germany to try to get equal rights for all teachers, and not just civil servants.  I left it too late to actually take part but I went with a colleague and his class as part of their political education.  Afterwards, I had lunch with Nico and in the evening I ordered a guest book for the wedding.

Wednesday also so a nice impromptu date with Nico after work, when we went to the Roland Center together and I had my first session on the sunbeds in order to not look totally washed out on the big day.  Looking forward to my second one later today.  I have to say, I felt a bit ridiculous on Wednesday as it was the first real Spring day we had with temperatures of up to 15 degrees but since that's now a distant memory, it should be even more rewarding to get some rays today.

This week I have also been doing the rounds of year five classes at work to introduce to them the possibility of starting a second foreign language next year.  I love speaking French or Spanish and watching the looks on their little faces.  It's been lovely to visit the classes I don't teach as well.  On the topic of work, I also finished my whiteboard training this week!  It has been on my to-do list since August but putting it on my monthly goals list really gave me the push I needed.  More on that later.

Thursday was my lovely short day at work.  We had a lovely afternoon catching up on some good series that we have been watching.  I also started arranging some more accommodation for family though that is still a work in progress. 

Finally, it was weekend again.  I had a lovely lunch with Loreto where we had a real good chat and catch up.  It was a great start to the weekend.  Then I came home to my lovely fiance and his wonderful brownie cake and we had a lovely relaxing evening with a couple of calls to and from England.  We also received our first official RSVP which was an acceptance so I am very excited again now!

Next week is the last week of term, which is going to be brilliant now my training is done and we have a sleepover in school on Thursday night which means I get Friday off and can spend it doing Zumba and watching films with Loreto!!  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment