Saturday 1 June 2013

The Saturday Update

Well, it's been a slow week around here full of doctors appointments, hayfever and insomnia.  I managed to trap a nerve while knitting last Sunday and was off work with the pain and tiredness on Monday and Tuesday.  The painkillers help but make me even sleepier.  My GP sent me to a orthopaedist on Tuesday and he worked wonders clicking out my spine and reducing the pain.  

I went back to work on Wednesday and while the pain was reduced, I still felt it.  The wonderful fuchsia tape on my back amused the kids but to be fair, they were very sympathetic and helpful, carrying my bag for me.  

On Thursday, we both had the day off for exam marking so I finally got that finished.  I've also finished one German book - Fleisch ist mein Gemuese, read Animal Farm in one day and gotten well past halfway with another German book - Der Tangospieler.

On Friday it was back to work and back to the orthopaedist who took some x-rays and prescribed me six weeks of physiotherapy.  I had a lovely afternoon having lunch with the ladies and shopping with Loreto for Order of Service materials.  

I've been a little more in touch with home this week, ringing my gran almost every day which has been nice.  I plan to keep that up too.  Wedding plans are coming along.  Today is the deadline for RSVPs and all of mine have met the deadline.  Just a few of the Germans to chase up and we should have our numbers for planning.

I don't know if it was the x-rays or doing so much yesterday but I woke up in agony with my shoulder this morning.  I was planning on starting my running regime but it will be this afternoon at the earliest if I do it, and with yet more painkillers...

Next week, is going to be crazy busy.  I have to pick up the wedding license on Monday, which is the big exam day at school.  On Wednesday, we have the DJ coming round for a meeting and on Friday, I have another English Teachers' Workshop.  I really hope, I can get rested up enough this weekend to survive all that and this last month of the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment