Tuesday 17 September 2013

Craft Corner: Autumn Wreath

At the weekend I finally got around to preparing this Autumn wreath.  I bought the leaves last year as an autumn project but was disappointed to find that the 'kit' only included the leaves.
I did a little research online and found some other examples with ribbon and I had this lovely red woven ribbon sitting in my craft box, just waiting for such a project.  It had been part of the gift wrap from a birthday or Christmas present.

However, when I finished adding the leaves, I couldn't get the ribbon to form a circle - until my lovely husband came up with some wire he has and I moulded a piece into a suitable circle and attached it to the ribbon.

I am really pleased with the overall effect and the wreath is making our new cozy living room feel more warm and ready for the new season.

No comments:

Post a Comment