Tuesday 3 September 2013

Craft Corner: September Birthday Cards

 Every month, I struggle to come up with cards for the men in my family.  Somehow, women are just so much easier with flowers and a bit of sparkle.  I read this advice from Rebecca at Lucky Rainbow Designs a while ago and found it very useful.  Mine are far from being in her league but I'm improving all the time and I'm quite pleased with this month's.
 I really recommend finding some good card stock.  I liked matching different colour schemes this month and found they tied in really well.  I also like adding a bit of texture or depth to the cards - either with those double sided sticky pads or with little embellishments like the one above.

I also need to work on my calligraphy.  Sometimes the cards require a message on the front but I don't like my own handwriting on there.  I'm looking for some online help.  This is my goal for the next months.
Cards for younger boys are generally a little easier as there are more products out there such as this cute little horse stamp I had from a Christmas kit.  I also love using the deco tape which was from Tchibo.
As I mentioned above, cards for women are much easier.  However, I did keep it simple this month, with the deco tape, simple stamps and a little bit of sparkle.  I love the contrast of these colours though.  A great start to the new crafting month!

No comments:

Post a Comment