Monday 28 October 2013

Craft Corner: Innocent Hats

A couple of weeks ago my mum put me onto this little project.  Innocent smoothies are doing a special offer over Christmas where you buy a smoothie with a little winter hat on it and they make a donation to charities which help the elderly through winter.  Of course they need people to knit the little hats to go on the smoothies.

I put these two together that weekend and learnt for the first time how to make a pompom!  I was very pleased with myself.  Unfortunately the first one I made was way too big for the little hats so it's just hanging around the flat until I find a use for it but I was pleased with these too.
 
Their website has a whole host of different designs, most of which were well out of my reach but I did these two in the beginners level 'doddle' pattern and had them done in no time as well.

It's a little late to send them in now as the deadline is 31st October, but I am sure they will repeat the project next year, plus I then discovered that they are running the same project here in Germany with a 1st December deadline!  So I may even manage a couple more by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment