Tuesday 5 November 2013

Driving in Bremen

On Sunday, I took my friend for a driving lesson.

Bremen has a special driving practice centre where you can hire dual control cars by the hour or take your own to practice.

I'd been a little worried about them accepting my English license but in the end they didn't even check it - just took our signatures for the insurance and handed over the keys.

My biggest shock was the hill that we had to drive up to access the grounds.  I hadn't expected to drive myself (especially as I have limited experience with a left hand drive) but was told that I had to drive up there and then swap with my friend.

I was also surprised my how hilly the grounds themselves were.  It's something that I always forget in my time away from England because Bremen just does not have hills.

So even though my friend has had several lessons before, the hills and getting used to the new car made the experience a little more nerve testing than I had expected but we both got used to it and I got back in one piece.

It did make me appreciate driving instructors much more and the first thing I said to Nico on my return - "We are never teaching our own ids to drive."

No comments:

Post a Comment