Saturday 21 December 2013

The Saturday Update

It's been a fairly quiet week around here.  We had a busy weekend visiting family with family and then saying goodbye to our guests on Tuesday after a final visit to the Christmas markets.

After that it was a short week at work and since we finished, I've been getting caught up on all the little things around the flat - washing, letter writing, project life etc.

I've been going crazy on the reading, I finished Catch 22 on Thursday and read A Christmas Carol the same day.  On Friday I read another novel and I am already a third of the way through a History of Scotland which has been sat on my bookshelf ever since we were on honeymoon there.  I thought it was going to be a bit dry but actually it reminds me a lot of the Game of Thrones!  

This weekend we are heading to the markets again with Nico's aunt and getting the final bits done before Christmas week - online check in, wrapping the last presents, packing...

I'm already feeling nice and relaxed and really looking forward to these two weeks.  Just what this time of year should be about!

No comments:

Post a Comment