Sunday 19 January 2014

Pax Porfiriana


Yesterday I took my first daytime drive out in the new car to visit a friend for an afternoon of games.  She visited a board games convention last year and has been excited to try this new purchase ever since.

Pax Porfiriana is a board game based around cards.  I had a headache all afternoon as we deciphered the rules (we had a two player game, but up to six can play).  However, by the time we finished, I was enjoying the game more and more.

The game is based on the Mexican Revolution.  A topic I knew nothing about - in fact a topic I still know nothing about other than the fact that it was complicated!

I think it is like Siedler von Catan in that there are a lot of rules and it seems quite complex but the best way to do it is just to play and learn as you go along. 

For those who like games of strategy and have time and patience, I would recommend this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment