Saturday 18 January 2014

The Saturday Update

This week truly has been a rollercoaster of a week.  I know I often say that, but I didn't think I was going to get through this week at all.

Last weekend was relaxing but at the same time we got a lot done.  I baked bread and completed another sewing project and then we got our lovely new car and both had our first drives.

Monday was a relatively normal day, also known as the calm before the storm.  I got a lot of material ordered for my next craft projects but other than that, it was just work.  

Tuesday was a crazy long day with our open evening at school.  My youngest Spanish class performed Goldilocks in Spanish twice - I was very proud of them. 

On Wednesday I had my short day at work and then the evening classes again.  I met the new teacher who will be taking over my courses for the next semesters while I go on maternity leave and he introduced himself to the classes.  Just two more weeks to go now.

Thursday was a long day at work as two of my groups wrote exams which I marked the same day and then worked out their grades so I could get all my reports finished on Thursday evening - but that is finally done too.

Friday was a nicer day because I had most things completed for the week and could finally start the weekend.

I have to say, I feel like the biggest challenge is over.  Whoever can get through a week of open evening, writing reports for 160 kids, learning to drive a left hand drive while high (or low) on pregnancy hormones can probably do just about anything!  Of course it helps to have an amazingly patient husband.

On our homebuilding front this week, 'we' have gotten the car sorted, bought and fitted a filing cabinet, bought and fitted a television and fixed up the windows in the flat.  It feels like being pregnant has finally given us the motivation so it could be a busy five months.

This weekend I am heading out to a board game session with a friend and then staying in where it is warm to hopefully complete another sewing project.

While next week will be busy with retirement surprises for our headteacher and report meetings, it can't possibly top last week so I am going to stay calm and enjoy the last full week of the semester.


No comments:

Post a Comment