Thursday 23 January 2014

Sewing Project 2014 - 2 Quilted Table Runner

This project was the longest sewing project I have completed - it took me the best part of a week but it is the first project in Elise Blaha Cripes' brilliant 'Get Quilty' workshop and also the project I have enjoyed the most in my year with the machine.

Elise describes her first project as an Autumn table runner but given my late start on this project I decided to go with more of a Spring theme.  I love these fresh, vibrant colours and they really fit in with our room.
It was the most complicated project I have done to date but I love the way the different fabrics complement each other and also I enjoyed doing the edging on the runner - a new skill for me.

The biggest problem I have is sourcing good materials.  All but one of my materials were bought online and sometimes I get it wrong.  I would prefer to buy the products in a shop but until now I have only found one material shop in Bremen and I was really underwhelmed with their range. 
I really recommend the course and am so excited to try Elise's next project next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment