Wednesday 12 February 2014

5 Pampering Tips for Winter

source
Yesterday, I managed to send myself and the bump head over heels down the last couple of steps at work, landing with a bump of the wrong kind.  We spent time with our doctor and at the hospital and luckily baby is fine and it looks like I have just got a nasty sprained ankle.  I have a couple of days rest and a follow up appointment to come and so far have been indulging in a little pampering, which is perfect for this time of year.  I thought I would share some of these ideas with you.

1. Candle lit Bubble Bath

I love my showers and don't take enough baths.  I had read a few warning about hot baths while pregnant but apparently that is only a problem later in the pregnancy and it doesn't have to be too hot to be relaxing.  For optimum experience, make sure there are lots of bubbles and a good book in there with you.  I love Lush bath bombs too.

2. Moisturising Face Mask

Winter really takes it out on our skin.  I normally have oily skin but at this time of year I always find myself reaching for the moisturizers - be it lip balm, face cream, hand cream...  A good moisturizing face mask is a luxury that also really helps and makes me feel refreshed and ready to get out an about again.  I really recommend this one.

3. Pedicure

It seems ridiculous since our feet are covered up most of the time at this time of year, but it feels like walking on air after a foot soak and a slathering of good foot cream.  Personally, I am easily bored by peppermint footcream - this is my personal favourite - I'm a sucker for citrus.  

4. Body Scrub

Don't forget all of that skin in between your face and feet - especially if you are also nursing an expanding baby bump.  I started moisturizing after every shower again around the three month mark but once a week I try to exfoliate as well.  It's made much easier with this staring at me from the bathroom shelf.  I can't get enough of soap and glory.

5. Wrap up with a cup of tea and a good book

Pampering doesn't have to stay in the bathroom.  It doesn't matter what time of year it is, the mind can always use the pampering effects of a good book.  The best thing about winter for me is curling up under a blanket with a book and some good English tea or peppermint tea.  Look out for my book reviews later this week for some tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment